Eat Grass Fed Beef for All the Right Reasons!
“The old way, the artisan way, of raising and handling cattle and the processing of beef is now the new way – better for the animals and better for your table.” Croby Kummer, The Atlantic Monthly, May 2003
Why Grass Fed Beef
Health Benefits of Eating Grass Fed Beef
- Grass fed beef is naturally leaner, less saturated fat and 100 fewer calories in 6 ounces
- Grass fed beef has as 2:1 ratio of omega 6 to Omega 3 fatty acids (grain fed beef has a 20:1 ratio.
- Grass fed beef has a polyunsaturated/saturated fatty acid ratio similar to wild game.
- Grass fed beef is 3 to 5 times higher in conjugated linoleic acid
- Grass fed beef is 4 times higher in Vitamin A and Vitamin E
- Grass fed beef has more beta carotene
- Grass fed beef carries minimal risk of E.coli contamination
Remember, you are what you eat, and that means; what you eat, is what it eats. The only food stuff man cannot eat is grass. Cattle convert grass into food for man to eat, taking advantage grasses food value.